We have a need for dedicated Volunteer Firefighters to help our department serve the needs of our community. If you would like to be a member of our family please contact the Fire District.
As a volunteer firefighter, you will be given all necessary training to effectively respond to emergency situations such as grass/trash fires, structure fires, vehicle fires, auto accidents, natural disasters and many other situations. Training includes proper equipment usage, Emergency Vehicle Operation, fire suppression, structure entry procedures, correct behavior on an emergency scene, and safety. All accepted applicants will be required to spend time as a probationary member. During this period, the member will receive all initial training free of charge, but the training does not stop when the probation period ends. In fact, department hosted training is conducted every Wednesday at our station for all members. In addition to our monthly in-house training program, several opportunities exist throughout the year to attend training in other cities with travel, lodging, and meals provided or reimbursed.
Volunteer Firefighter Requirements:
- Must live within the Fire District boundaries.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Successfully pass an interview process.
- Pass a criminal background check and drivers check.
- Pass the physical agility test.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Successfully passed a 144 hour structural fire fighting academy course.
- Successfully passed a 36 hour wildland fire fighting course.
- Successfully passed a 140 hour Emergency Medical Technician course.
- Attend 60% of training meetings.
- Respond to a minimum of 25% of emergency incidents.
- Provide yourself with reliable transportation.
- Be a team member with a positive attitude.
- Successfully passed a one year evaluated probation period.
- Board of Volunteer Firefighters pension program!
- Emergency Medical Technician training provided!
- Structural and wildland fire suppression training provided!
- Opportunities for internationally recognized certifications (IFSAC)
All required training is paid for by the Fire District.
B2 VOL Firefighter Brochure 2019.pdfADM-BCFPD#2 Employment Application.pdf